Work Ready Kentucky Scholarships
The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship helps Kentuckians who have not yet earned an associate's degree afford an industry-recognized certificate or diploma.
- Determine your eligibility for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school or GED graduate
- Have not earned an associate’s degree or higher
- Pick an occupation in one of these five industries:
- Business and IT
- Construction Trades
- Transportation and Logistics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Find a participating community/technical college or university in your region that offers the certifications you need for the occupation you’re interested in.
- Apply for admission into the community/technical college or university you’d like to attend.
- Determine the amount of financial aid you will receive by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship, which will cover the amount of your tuition not covered by financial aid.
- Work with advisors at your community/technical college or university to choose the classes you need for your certification.
- Begin your classes. Many of these certificates can be completed in four months or less!
- Look for and apply for jobs that require your certification.
- Get the job and start your new career!
Community Resource Fair
December 2nd, 2019
November 26th, 2019
Attention Employers: 2019 Job Expo
November 25th, 2019
Last Rapid Response Event for Ebonite
November 25th, 2019
Career Discover Center Hours for Nov. 25 and Nov. 26
November 21st, 2019
2019 Job Expo
November 20th, 2019
Rapid Response Meetings for Ebonite
November 19th, 2019
CDC Special Service Hours
November 12th, 2019
Career Discover Center Opens Special Hours
November 1st, 2019
WKWB Receives $2.6 Million in Dislocated Worker Funds to Assist Employees of Briggs and Stratton
October 25th, 2019
March 2019 Career FairCampbell Strong Workforce Partnership Grand Opening CelebrationHopkins County Job Expo 2019Community Resource RoundtableMadisonville Military Day 2019Lake Barkley Partnership Career FairChanges Rehabilitation Hiring EventMuhlenberg County Job FairCampbell Strong Workforce Partnership Grand Opening CelebrationKentucky Career Center - Hopkinsville April Hiring Event
Baptist Health Paducah Open InterviewsKentucky Career Center Hopkinsville Hiring Event for GSIKentucky Career Center - Paducah Harrah's Hiring Event 4/16/19Request for Proposal for Fiscal Agent / Subrecipient Services for Program Year July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020West Kentucky Workforce Board Meeting June 11, 2019Western Kentucky Reentry Council ResourceWhat's Your Next Move?May 2019 Hiring Event at KCC - HopkinsvilleBaptist Health’s Medical Practices are recruiting for Medical Assistants and Patient Access Coordinators